Sunday 13 November 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Photobucket
Close-up photo of a fern leaf, all furled up and waiting to spring out on the world!

I don't know whether it's actually true but I have heard from several sources that Sigmund Freud has pteridophobia, or a morbid fear of ferns. Seems a strange affliction, but then he was undoubtedly a strange man.

Did you know that the word "fern" applies to any of 12,000 different species of plants? Plus, they reproduce via spores.

Enough with the fern facts now, I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emer!

    This is Polarchip from acromegaly blog. I love your photo blog and also your comic one as well!

    Really gorgeous stuff and the other one is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Nice to hear from you, and thank you very much :D I'll be following the acromegaly blog closely :)

    ReplyDelete