Friday 12 August 2011

Blue Monday

Photobucket
I'm going to make a terrible confession here and admit that I tend to write these posts well in advance and schedule them to post automatically. I know, it's cheating! But it means I can keep new photos appearing regularly even while I'm away or just extra busy. Or extra lazy, but obviously that never happens.

I was originally going to accompany this cheery vision of floral extravagance with an equally cheery aside about the Billie Holiday song of the same name which allegedly inspired huge numbers of suicides and was banned by the BBC. However, to my chagrin, I discovered that, in fact, said song was called Gloomy Sunday, not Blue Monday at all. Damnit!

In fact, 'Blue Monday' is the last Monday in January, allegedly scientifically proven to be the most depressing day of the year. Allegedly this was alleged by Sky Travel and the cough-cough scientific proof may have more than a couple of holes in it. So if you're reading this in January, fret not. Just go book a holiday, you'll feel much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment