Saturday 13 August 2011

Water Off A Duck's Back

Photobucket
As predicted, this has basically turned into a blog of flower pictures. However, contrary to popular belief, I do in fact take photos of other things! And sometimes there aren't even any flowers in the background. Exhibit one: this photograph of a mallard duck. I'm quite a fan of ducks; they are both cute, and delicious with plum sauce. Some people refuse to eat them because they're so cute - but I've never understood that. To me, it always seemed a bit bizarre to say that it's okay to eat ugly animals, but the beautiful ones should live.

I've also frequently been surprised that many of my friends don't know that the brown mallard ducks are the females, and the more colourful ones are the males. One good friend of mine explained that she had always assumed they were two different species of ducks that just "liked hanging out together"...

No comments:

Post a Comment