Saturday 8 October 2011

End of the Lavender

Photobucket

Another bumblebee picture - again I think it's a red-tailed bumblebee, bombus lapidarius (see the photograph in this previous post) although as it has a golden ruff and is rather smaller, I think it's a male, whereas the other bee was female.

It was really tricky getting this photograph to work, my poor camera was completely baffled as to what it was supposed to be focusing on. I have a few pictures of other bumblebees and honeybees which I took on the same day (the lavender was a real magnet for them) which I might put up at some point - this isn't actually the best of them in terms of focus, but I particularly like the colours and the last few bedraggled looking flowers.

There's a lavender farm quite close to where I grew up, and it's absolutely beautiful at the height of summer, particularly if, like me, you fanatically love anything purple-coloured. Plus, it smells fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment